Reported By: Shaurya Sharma
Last Updated: September 19, 2023, 07:28 IST
Apple has officially released the stable public version of iOS 17 for compatible iPhones, and users can now start the process of downloading this software update onto their devices.
iOS 17 was announced at Apple’s WWDC 2023 keynote. While the aesthetics haven’t changed, Apple has built upon iOS 16 and introduced several new quality-of-life features, such as StandBy, which allows you to turn your iPhone into a smart display of sorts when placed horizontally while charging, and even some India-centric features like the bi-lingual Siri and the enhanced dual SIM experience.
In this article, let’s see how to download iOS 17 on your compatible iPhone.
How To Download iOS 17
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Wait for the page to refresh.
- You should see a new ‘Upgrade to iOS 17’ popup. Tap on ‘Download and Install.’
- Give all necessary permissions and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Now, wait for the request to be processed, and the update should start downloading.
- While it is downloading, you will see a progress bar denoting how much time remains.
Before you start downloading, there are a set of key prerequisites that you must follow. Firstly, ensure all of your data is safely backed up, either on the cloud or on your computer. Secondly, make sure that your iPhone is charged for smooth operation. It should not lose charge while updating; you need to be at 50% charge or better.
List Of Compatible iPhone Models For iOS 17
iOS17 is compatible with the following iPhones: iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Plus, iPhone 15 Pro, iPhone 15 Pro Max, iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14 Pro Max, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro Max iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone XS iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, and iPhone SE (2nd generation or later).
#iOS #Download #Install #iPhone #News18